Monday 7 July 2008

When in Rome...

So, this will have to go down in the record as these last two weeks being the best I have had yet here so far! IT's been so much fun that I haven't had the time nor the energy to devote to writing about it all...but thats ok I say! If I was spending too much time typing away...whats the point ya know! Plus, I have to take advantage of a giant vacation like this before i have to think about being an adult. ewww... yuck.

So the last two weeks have been intense..so intense that I'm writing this blog on only two hours of sleep from last night. oops. Anyway, on the 21st of June, Kevin came to visit me in good ol' england! It was incredible to see him and it was fun to show him around where i live...as if i knew the ropes and everything. It is crazy that i live here, I still can't get over it. We saw a couple museums, one was the Imperial World War II museum which was soooo good. Extremely sad and tough to get through but it was something that I'm so glad I got to see. If anyone else comes to visit, you should go there..you won't regret it at all. We also went to the V&A museum with a FASHION section which was AWESOME! I love thaat the museums here are full of greatness while also being free! It works out well for a poor American like me. Trust me, any American who comes here is poor. London sucks the money right out of you. Beware.

We did some sightseeing, ate Italian and Thai food alot, drank some great beer, and hung out with the girls all week. I had to work a couple of the days which sucked but it wasn't too bad, because Kev got to do his own sightseeing without me slowing him down. We also saw a show! While I was working, Kevin bought tickets for the musical Billy Elliot, then he went and got sushi and wine and set up a little picnic before we had to rush to the show. So cute!! I loved it of course...especially with the brownies and cookies he got me for dessert! Our seats were great and it was the best show...not as good as wicked but still quite impressive! All in all...the week was just what I needed. I was so happy to see him, and I miss him so much! There were so many more things I wanted to do with him while he was here...come back kev??

So after Kev left last sat, I was saved for at least a few hours because the blocks (in case you don't know, this is my second family pretty much) came into lodnon for a few hours on a layover so i took them out and showed them aorund, we had a drink and lunch at a pub and it was so fun to talk to them and see them. It figures they would come visit me instead of my own parents. mom&dad-don't be hurt, but you know it's true. ;)

So after they left me, I was truly alone for seriously the first time all summer I think. I'm constantly surrounded by people I live with, work people, and then when Kev came to visit, so after they all left...it was weird. Most of my roomies were in Scotland so it was nice to just relax but i did miss everyone.

Continuing on with my second week! ITALY!!!!! This was the big trip, me, morgan, emily, danna, and reba took to venice,then florence (my fav!), and then ROMA!! Ahhhh...I love love love italy. Bella Bella Bella. So much fun. It was probably the most fun little vaca for the trip this summer. Venice was gorgoeous and definitely something I'm glad we saw. Florence had the most beautiful chruches and streets. The city was small enough that we could walk everywhere and not be too exhausted at the end of the day. Through the entire vaca, I swear we walked over 12 hours a day at least. Myfeet were absolutely hating me, but it was worth the pain. I've decided I might move to florence or at least go back sometime soon and really stay and enjoy it for longer. Great people. great wine, great company. All of us girls ended up making pastafor dinner and drinking on the bridge the night before july fourth. Around midnight im also pretty sure that we sang the star spangled banner...embarrassing for us. oh well!

Finally, Rome was for almost 3 days and Rome needed all the time it could get! Completely overwhelming and gorgeoud. Such wonderful architecture and art...and GELATO!! So goood! Literally had some everyday while we were in Italy...when in rome, ya know!!?? There are so many more thing sto say about rome and unfortunately i am falling asleep as i type...oh well. I'll leave you at a cliffhanger so you will read tomorrow. Let's just say we met an Italian, in love with one of our friends, and took us around Rome on his motorcycle...wanna tune in tomorrow? I'll keep you posted. I love it here...life is too short i swear. xoxo

No comments: