Monday 9 June 2008

HUGE

Huge Design is AMAZING. I love my job. The people are amazing, 4 guys, one girl, and they are all incredibly hilarious, laid-back, and british. I work in West Ealing, so basically I am going against all the traffic in the morning on the tube which is so womderful, and it's really nice to get to a suberb. It's definitely a different side of London that I never would have seen otherwise. I work in a pretty small office, because there are 2 guys that all have 3 different companies running out of the same building and they are fairly new so they are working up! It's an incredible place though, and they couldn't be more helpful. This summer, they said they would basically teach me how to be a freelance graphic designer. They are chill and relaxed. We all stop and talk every 20 minutes so it keeps things fun and entertaining for sure! My supervisor, Rebecca, is so cute! She bought me cookies for my first day! She knows me already..

This past weekend has been amazing also...we have had a blast everyday. First of all, the weather has been gorgeous here. It's been like 80-85 and sunny. Gorgeous. Friday, we all went out after work and went to this new pub in South Ken, called ArchAngel. Ryland said it was so fun, so we decided we would try it. Such a cute and relaxed place. We met some interesting characters at the bar though...some men my dad's age probably..one was incredibly drunk but was giving us advice about our future so that's a plus, and the other smelled according to Morgan who was sitting next to him the whole night. They decided they would sit with a table of five 20 year olds and bought all of us a bottle of wine..so it was a pretty fun time!

Saturday was the best...we went to Borough St. Market in SouthBank because Emily (at the wonderful Business Traveler Magazine) found out about this place and it was AMAZING! Better than Portebello Rd. I swear. Great food, wine, tasters everywhere, and chocolate EVERYWHERE. I was salivating the entire time. We hung out there for a couple hours and then explored SouthBank. We found Emily's Gabriel Wharf (this place she had been searching for all day)...its basically a shopping center and its super cute! Then we went by the Tate again and got to see my fav...Andy Warhol. I love him. I wish they had had more of his stuff though. Kinda disappointed but oh well! After that, we headed back, got ready, and went out for a grea night of dancing at this club in Picadilly! It was a blast! We danced all night, and although we met a lot of creepy individuals, we had fun with all the girls and two of kaylins friends that were in town (they protected us all night from the creepers). We are eternally in their debt.

Sunday was by far the most beautiful day here yet. Breezy, warm, and sunny. Perfect. We slept in from our late night out and then rolled out of bed for some lunch and laying out in Hyde Park. It was the first time I have acutally gotten any sun here...and guess what...I got burnt!! I know..so sad right. Oh well. It was worth it to fall asleep in one of the most beautiful parks in the world. It's so funny though to see people in the bathing suits in the park though and we totally so girls laying out with no tops on...a little weird I say when you have a couple of kids like 10 feet away. Strange but it's Europe. Maybe I'll have to break out the swim suit soon...you never know.

Anywho..the weekend was amazing and was for sure the best so far. More to come...I foresee playing pool with my coworkers and they even invited me over to play scrabble at their house. So fun! I'm going...keep you posted.

Oh..also. Said "cheers" for the first time today on the phone to someone at work. Got extremely excited about it and fully embarrased myself bragging about it at work. Awkward. Oh well. I loved it.

No comments: